- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, or crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.
Monday, January 11, 2010
My favorite snack these days are Stacy's Pita Chips, flavor Simply Naked. I can't get enough of them. Dressed in nothing but sea salt, these all-natural chips are the ultimate basic, made brilliant. They are perfect with anything. Perfect without anything. I personally love them, by themselves but they are great with dips as well. In yummy flavors, like Parmesan Garlic & Herb, Naturally Cheddar, Tuscan Herb, Cinnamon Sugar and Multigrain; you are sure to find yourself hooked. A hot Spinach Dip, is so great with these delicious chips. A perfect appetizer for any get-together. Here is a recipe I recently tried, by Martha Stewart. This rich, creamy dip can be assembled through step two up to three days ahead, then covered and refrigerated; it can also be served as a side dish. Two 10-ounce packages of frozen spinach can be substituted for the fresh. Thaw according to box instructions, drain well, and chop. Ingredients