Serina's Slumber Party Menu
Snacks/Appetizers:Takis (some kind of spicey, stick figure chips. Apparently it's the latest favorite snack in tweens)
Spinach Dip-The Olive Garden recipe (find recipe at Olivegarden.com).Served with pita chips
Chocolate Fondue-a pound of bitter sweet course chopped chocolate
2 cups of heavy cream
Heat all together, stirring consistently, until fully melted. I'll be serving strawberries, melon balls and Madeleine cookies.
Main dishes: Steak sandwiches-grilled steak, mayo, lettuce, avocados and tomatoes, on a Bolillo (Mexican bread rolls) roll. (simple for the kids) For the adults, I will add a Chipotle Mayo-for recipe, refer to my October 25th blog chipotlemayo
Buffalo Wings-the secret.....buy them in the freezer section of your local market..hehe! Since I am limited on time today, I want to save time where ever I can. She LOVES buffalo wings, I would have to make a million of them. Sorry, not today!
Mac & Cheese-A simple recipe that I found on myrecipes.com
- 1 (8-ounce) package elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked macaroni)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 (10-ounce) blocks sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 1/2 cups) and divided*
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (4 slices, crusts removed)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.Place milk, flour, and onion salt in a quart jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute.Stir together flour mixture, 3 1/2 cups cheese, and macaroni.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish or 2 (11-inch) oval baking dishes. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese; drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
For our breakfast I've decided to set out bagels, muffins and fruits. Orange juice and hot chocolate, seems fitting as well. I really hope the girls enjoy themselves. From the looks of most of Serina's sleep overs, they will and I will not be sleeping tonight....that's for sure!