- 1 spiral-sliced half ham
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple slices, juice reserved
- 15 to 20 whole cloves (optional)
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
Preheat the oven as directed on the ham package and follow the instructions for baking the ham. Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before the end of the warming time.
Decoratively arrange the pineapple slices on top of the ham, securing them with whole cloves, if using, or toothpicks. Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple ring and secure with a clove or toothpick.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and just enough of the reserved pineapple juice to make a thick glaze. Spoon the glaze over the ham and bake for the remaining 30 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and carve.