Baja Fish Tacos
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (about 4)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 yellow corn tortillas
- 5 Tbsp. Crisco® Pure Canola oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Mexican crema** or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (from a 7oz can)
For Cream Sauce:
Add the mayonnaise, chipotles and crema to a medium bowl. Whisk in the lemon zest, lemon juice and water. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper (can be made 3 days ahead, covered and refrigerated).
Cut each fish fillet lengthwise into 3 strips. Season both sides of fish strips with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Heat oil in fry pan. Fry tilapia on both sides, for about 4 minutes or until browning. Careful when you turn your fish, Tilapia tends to shred easlily. Place cooked fish on a paper towel covered dish, to absorb any excess oil.
Heat tortillas and assemble each one with a few strips of the fish, sauce and shredded cabbage.