One of the first things I thought of for Serina's "Grad" Luau party, were mocktails. A mocktail is a non-alcoholic version of a cocktail. I think the girls will love drinking their mocktails, in cocktail stemware. They'll feel so grown up! So for anyone looking for mocktail recipes, I highly recommend the drinks I listed below. Serina is going to love them, that's for sure!
A Coco Colada (or virgin Pina Colada) is a non-alcoholic version of the Frozen Pina Colada. This refreshing blended drink is perfect for summer afternoons.
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz coconut cream
- 1 cup ice
- orange slice for garnish
- In a blender, add 1 cup ice, pineapple juice and cream of coconut.
- Blend until slushy.
- Pour into an chilled hurricane glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- In a blender, puree the watermelon and lemonade; strain if desired.
- Stir in the mint and serve over ice.
- For an instant cocktail: Stir in 1/2 cup vodka or tequila before serving. hehe!!
Of course the drink named for the biggest child star in history contains no alcohol and the Shirley Temple mocktail is just as popular as its namesake. This is a drink that you can order almost anywhere for yourself or the kids because almost every bartender knows it.
Yield: 1 Drink
- 3 oz lemon-lime soda
- 3 oz ginger ale
- 1 dash grenadine
- maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the lemon-lime soda and ginger ale into a collins glass with ice cubes.
- Add a dash of grenadine.
- Garnish with the cherry.