This is my farewell post, before we leave on our first family vacation. My little big family and I, are taking a trip to Los Cabos, Mexico. We've taken trips for weekends, hubby and I have gone on vacation without the kids, so this is the first time we will all be going on a week vacation. And boy do we need it! My hubby especially, REALLY needs it. He is such a hard worker, working 10 to 11 hour days, 6 days a week. Yes, that's his normal schedule! Even taking calls on his days off or when we're out (which totally irritates me!!) but I guess that's the price you pay when you run your own business. Things have been so busy for us, for a few months now and we are just so burnt out. So I can't tell you how excited I am for this trip. Not to mention that we could use some alone family time together. I've been really concerned about how Nate will do on the trip, mainly the plane ride. Now that he's in full on toddler mode, he doesn't sit still OR stay quiet. God help me! My girls are easy, all they need is a book and their iPods. So I've got a "Nate Checklist", that I'm hoping will help and I thought I would share some tips for traveling with toddlers.
- Get them a (non sugary) snacks (goldfish crackers and grapes are what we're taking)
- The open spaces in the airport can be a good place to let the kids run a little, while one parent waits in line to check the bags.
- Pacifiers, bottles, nursing or lollipops will help with the pressure in their ears, at take off and landing. (Bottles and lollipops are going to have to do for us)
- Pack an in-flight "Busy" bag, with toys and activities. (I will be packing a few toys, coloring books and a portable dvd player, with the always essential YGG dvd's and Toy Story movie)
- The usual diaper bag supplies (make sure your rash creams or gels are 3.4 oz or smaller)
- Have your child wear comfy clothing!!!
Nate's carry-on bag!
I hope these tips work, for the other passengers sake. Hahaha! I'm going to miss my blog but I'm hoping to come back refreshed and ready to make some moves. Take care everyone, don't miss me too much and I will "see" you soon! Adios!